Quick and Easy Summertime Tomato Salad
Tomato season is at its peak. Produce markets are full of all varietals from cherubs to heirlooms, but it won’t last long. For a simple snack or light meal, a colorful tomato salad could not be easier or healthier. Any toasted nuts pair well with these savory fruits as do a variety of herbs. Get creative and enjoy something fresh!
Ingredients & Method (serves 4-6)
- 3 lbs heirloom tomatoes, cut in large wedges
- ¼ cup mint, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup watercress leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Pinch of sandia pepper or chili flake
- salt and black pepper to taste
Combine tomatoes, watercress and toasted pine nuts. Wisk together mint, cilantro, parsley, olive oil, sherry vinegar, sandia pepper, salt and black pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste. Spoon herb combination over tomato mixture to coat well. Mix gently so as to not break tomatoes. Adjust seasoning as needed. Enjoy a taste of the summer!